CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas Trials

When I was so terribly sick and it would be Christmas, I would wonder if this would be my last Christmas.

My mind would encompass thoughts of my children and husband and all they would do when I was gone. I would weep over my children's youth and pray for longer time on this earth. Christmas was hard.

I struggled to make Christmas the way it would be if I was not ill. To continue in the traditions of the past. Cooking, wrapping, shopping were all so difficult. But, I was determined to make each Christmas special to my family.

For those of you with these lingering thoughts and fear, I say you are right to continue to make things as normal as possible. It is good for you and for your family. But, for those of you who can't, because you are to ill, I say keep your spirits as joyous as possible. This is good for you and for your family.

It is important to keep joy in your heart. To dig deep down into your spirit and live in the moment with happiness. It can be so hard, but, to keep that positive outlook will create positive effects.

Christmas is the time of year to celebrate new beginnings. The birth of Jesus was a new beginning that took the world into hope and strength. You my friend, can include yourself in this time of new beginnings and find that hope and strength.

My attitude during those trying Christmas days, was one of leaving my depressing thoughts and focusing outside of myself. I, enjoyed celebrating Christ' birth and new beginnings with my family. Seeing the world through a veil of sickness fades the color of joy. My friend that veil can only be lifted through the promises of Jesus Christ. Seeing the world through His eyes will bring you the joy to overcome your circumstance and rejoice over what God is doing all around you.

Have a merry, merry Christmas and may God's gift of healing be yours.

0 comments: