CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Brain Fog


Yesterday, I put a roast in my slow cooker at 11:00 am. At 3:00 pm, I went to check on it. I had not turned it on.

I went into the bedroom to do laundry. I found some books that needed to be put away. Put the books away, then hours later, found the laundry still in the bedroom.

Decided to make lunch for myself and my mother. Got to the kitchen, started putting dishes in the dish washer - didn't notice the roast- finished with the dishes and went back to the living room to sit back down. Never did get lunch.

The brain is not tracking to well. I feel like I can focus. But, apparently I'm fooling myself. It's a good thing I no longer work. It could be a total disaster.
I would staple when I need to paper clip. Leave the copies in the copier and go home for lunch and forget to go back.

I look at all this and have to laugh. It does entertain me. Better to be entertained than to feel depressed by it. I can only rely on my God to see me through and that I do. I assume that He too finds me entertaining and together we laugh.

2 comments:

Bluebirdy said...

Did you see my picture of a normal brain vs. a fibromyalgia and a chronic fatigue brain at my blogsite? Pain, fibro, CFS definitely show physical differences in the activity of the brain. Its so frustrating, isn't it? I love the picture you put on this post. SO TRUE! When I first got brainfog/painfog, I was so discouraged. I know the Lord sent me to earth with a good mind and with a purpose to fulfill that would require the use of all of it. Now I can barely think of the list for the day, nevermind achieve the list, so I thought I had let the Lord down. Then someone told me that the Lord knows my limitations, He built me! He does not expect me to beat myself up for an illness that I have no remedy for. It is part of the plan He has for my life, even though it was not in my plans for my life. We just do our best and leave the rest, Angels can do no more than that. Blessings, Bluebirdy

Given55 said...

blubirdy,
You are wonderfully and perfectly made.