CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 17, 2008

My hormone testimony


I have been reading a lot about hormones and Lupus lately. So, I thought I would tell you about my own strange situation with hormones and Lupus.

I was diagnosed at 48 years of age. I was starting the change. Within a year my period had stopped and blood tests confirmed I was now done with having children. I went through another year of agony with the symptoms of Lupus.

After my friends fasted and prayed for me and I went into healing, the blood test showed that I had not gone through menopause. Within a month I was back having periods. How weird is that? I went through menopause and then came back out of it.

The doctor was a bit stumped. He had the medical test in front of him, but found it all to weird. He did say to me, that there is an assumption that hormones play a part in Lupus. I didn't care, I felt great.

So, the next idea was, that since I felt so much better, it would be a good idea to keep me having periods and to not let me go back into menopause. So, I started taking hormones. Whoa, I hated that. My periods were heavy and of course a nuisance. So, I went back off of the hormones. Nothing happened. I stopped having periods, went back through menopause again and had no recurring Lupus symptoms for the next 5 years.

Strange isn't it. Going through menopause once is enough, but twice. Ouch. I don't have to worry any more about going through it again. Last year, I had to have a hysterectomy.

God is good. The hysterectomy came just in time. They did the surgery because my uterus was trying to fall out. But, when they got in there, they found cysts and the beginning of other diseases. Thank you Godm for your intervention.

0 comments: