CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Help!! I need help from myself


I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. The pain and steroids are getting the best of me.

I've been trying to do house work and can get very little done at a time. I start a cell group, here in my home tomorrow night and I'd like my house to look descent. Yea, right. The thing is, friends have offered to come over to help me clean, but,I don't want them to. I appreciate the offer but, want to do it myself.

Do you think it is pride, or am I being stubborn, or am I afraid that I'm giving up. When I look at all three, I think they all apply. Need to work on that. Take it to God and plead for mercy.

Anyway, my break is up. Back to the house work.

Please, God, give me the energy,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Givens55, I agree it’s a little bit of all three things. I hate not being able to keep my house the way I did before Lupus and FM. I remember the days when I got my kids off to school, left the house neat, went to work for 8-10 hours, and back home to make a nice dinner. Tired yes but a good tired. I felt like I had accomplished something not like now. I know what it’s like to clean for 8 or 9 hours and get little or nothing done.

This is my 10th year of Lupus and I have learned some things. Allow me to pass this little bit on to you. First and foremost Jesus loves YOU even if you are lying flat on your back! Secondly, nothing bad happens if your house is not the cleanest house on the block the people who really matter will not mind. Lastly, let people help you they really want too. Give them the opportunity to do for you what you (if able) would happily do for them.

Put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh in regard to its lusts. (ROM 13:14) Don’t allow the enemy to steal your joy. Some days I feel tired when I get up in the morning. But thank the Lord for getting me up! If He woke you up God has something for you to do it may be a smile, a prayer, or a kind word for someone who needs it.

He may just want to hear you praise Him! I am greatly blessed by the Lord. Most days I am able to get up and function, fuggy, painfully but functioning. There are also those days when I can do nothing more than sit or lay down and mentally praise Him and read His Word. I praise God for each and every day because He shared it with me!

Warmly In Our Lord,
Paulajon

Given55 said...

Paulajon,
I agree. It brings such peace and relief to praise God. Keeping our eyes on Him is what it is all about. You express yourself with such grace. Thank you for your comment.