CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Power in words


Sometimes, I think it better to not contact nor see the Doctors. I know, that's dumb, but that's the way it feels sometimes.

I'd been symptomatic for several months before I called my Doc about the knot in my neck and the pain associated with it. When he told me it was Sjorgrens, I thought he was probably wrong.

When I get a diagnosis, I usually start with acceptance. The Doctor is right. But, there is the thing in the back of my brain that says, "NO" That's wrong. That is the way it was with the Sjogrens.

He tells me I have Sjogrens, I say ok. Hang up the phone, go to the Internet, look up the symptoms, and decide the Doc is wrong. I don't have dryness at all. Of course, I ignore that dryness can come in degrees and perhaps I have not, really, even noticed. I tend to ignore a lot of symptoms and pain.

So, I start the steroids and within a week my eyes start drying up. At first, I ignored, but then I realized what was happening. Now, my thoughts go to. Doctor said it, now it is happening.

Many Christians believe that what you say comes to pass. That if you say things into the air, there is power there and by saying things out loud you make them come become a reality. Personally, I think this is way out there. If everything I have ever said came to pass, then there would be a lot of dead people in my path.

Ever wish someone was dead? Well, I have. Of course, that was before I was a Christian. But, to believe that my words have absolute power is ridiculous. The power of my words, only, responses to the name of my Lord Jesus Christ. I will not come under the bondage of watching every word I say.

I have a friend who actually will spell the word, instead of saying it. I suppose, he feels that spelling it gives it less power. I, as a person who walks in the spiritual realm, see the power of words. And the power of a word lays behind the meaning, truth and walk of the person saying it. Who do they pray to is a big question. Are the cursing a person?

So, did the Doctor give me Sjogrens by speaking it into the air. No, he is a good and kind man, who was doing the work that Christ put him here to do. Did I take on Sjorgrens because he said I had it. No, not a gift I want, thank you.

Unfortunately, Sjorgrens in with me. A new path in my earthly walk. An unexpected path, but, one I will walk in faith and unquestioning. It is of no ones fault, no one spoke it into the air and made me sick. I am now, symptomatic, because the illness has progressed and the Doctor diagnosed it before the dryness took affect.

God is so good to me. I believe in his power and glory. I know that my path is marked out and with every day that passes He is using me to His glory. Sjogrens is now a part of that journey and I will walk it out knowing that the true power behind what is happening to me lies in the Hand of my maker.

0 comments: