CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 28, 2008

We can dream


I am doing so much better. The steroid treatment is over and I feel back to normal. I'm praying that I am done with this flare.

It had been so long since I had felt this good, that I went out and had my hair cut, went shopping and visited a friend. All normal stuff, but for us chronics it is special.

People who are not suffering with illness have no concept of what it is like to loose those normal things. They go shopping, visit friends, get their hair done without thinking much about it. But, for us, it is a day of planning, praying that we make it through and that there we are not sick and tired from the event the next day. How, I long for those carefree days of old.

If I could just go anywhere at anytime, I would be so happy. To not worry about the outcome of my choices, whether I have my medicine or even if the weather will hold out, would be heavenly. We can dream, can't we.

But, I did go out. And it was wonderful. I love those days when all seems right with the world. I anticipate more of these days and look forward to walking in the woods behind my house in the spring.

0 comments: